Hi there! We’re Samar Owais and Lauren Tharp, two professional freelance writers. That’s us on the left.
After mentoring multiple freelancers and helping them establish their freelance business, we decided to team up and combine our experience to create a resource for anyone looking to become a real freelance writer who doesn’t know where to start.
You’ve Got Questions… The Real Freelancer Has Answers.
Through the resources on this site, you’ll learn small things like:
- How to write an eye-catching e-mail signature.
- How to set up social media profiles that truly shine.
- How to clean up your freelance writing website.
- How to announce your availability without looking desperate for work.
- How to get testimonials from your clients.
- How to create an elevator pitch for both on and offline interactions.
You’ll also learn more complex skills like:
- How to write a perfect pitch, query, or LOI.
- How to write guest posts for popular blogs.
- How to market yourself and your services online.
- How to create your own podcast.
- How to get and conduct interviews with influential people.
- …And much, much more!
The Real Freelancer was built to give you the confidence and know-how you need to survive as a freelance writer online.
Through books, e-courses, and blog posts, you’ll learn the ropes quickly and easily. Lauren and Samar strive to make each piece of information easy-to-understand and a little bit fun. Because following your dreams of having a successful freelance writing career doesn’t have to be difficult or scary.
Your journey to freelance writing success begins here.
Next stop? Becoming a REAL freelancer!
Start by checking out our Resource Vault!